January 2020 – Galaxy Development, LLC, a developer of commercial, residential and industrial properties throughout New England, has announced the addition of Matthew Zicaro as Vice President of Real Estate Development, Engineering and Project Management at the newly formed Galaxy Life Sciences, LLC.
At Galaxy Life Sciences, Zicaro will lead team efforts in the acquisition, development, engineering, project management and leasing of state-of-the-art research, development, and manufacturing facilities.
Zicaro previously served as Director of Global Engineering Corporate Real Estate Development where he established and monitor global engineering strategies and focus for engineering and project management teams. Oversaw engineering short and long term capital, project management and consulting needs for global sites. Administer formation of global engineering design policies and procedures addressing business expansion. Develop and implement global site master plans, project conceptual and detailed designs, estimating, scheduling, construction and commissioning for U.S. and international capital expansion projects. Guided global engineering system, equipment and building resiliency facility assessments to remain operational during unplanned outages without affecting research, development or manufacturing operations.
- Led internal and external engineers on Brazil Quality Control lab and GMP Warehousing project, New London International Headquarters construction, and new 170,000 square foot San Diego research facility, and office building within schedule and budget parameters. Achieved LEED Gold for the new San Diego research facility.
- Assisted global real estate, business development and business continuity departments on reviewing existing sites, choosing new locations, and designing future facility concepts.
- Introduced global sustainability energy initiatives and utility hedging programs saving tens of millions of dollars in operational expenses.
- Achieved Boston’s Mayor Walsh Carbon Cup pledge.
- Served as Pre Approval Inspection (PAI) front room representative for FDA, EMEA and ANVISA inspections for engineering, plant utility, HVAC/R, building automation systems and cleanrooms.
- Administered Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulated Commercial Manufacturing Operation (CMO) and company owned facilities, equipment and systems to ensure audit ready state.
- Collaborated with cross functional and facility groups to ensure all key global site systems operated properly and complied with global engineering guidelines, regulations, standard operating procedures and Good Engineering Practices (GEP) programs.
- Prepared basis of design and conceptual design of future gene therapy clinical development and commercial manufacturing facility.
- Built and commissioned a new 1.1 million square foot corporate world headquarters office, research lab and new 100,000 square foot Oral Solid Dosage Continuous Processing Manufacturing and Development Facility.
- Held back $25M to address all noted facility design, MEP equipment, and system issues before building vendor and contractor warranties expired.
- Achieved LEED Gold for the new corporate world headquarters office and research lab.
- Helped devise Facility MEP equipment preventive maintenance and job plans.
- Worked with operation and quality teams to design, build, and complete Maximo Computerize Maintenance Management System.
Before that he worked at Bristol-Myers Squibb in Devens, Massachusetts and at Shire (now a part of Takeda), a biopharmaceutical company in Lexington, Massachusetts.
* * * * *
Galaxy Life Sciences, LLC (GalaxyLifeSciences.net) specializes in the acquisition, development, design, construction and leasing of state-of-the-art research, development, and manufacturing facilities.